Giving honor to marriage will require the utmost in Christian conviction and sensitivity. Modern social theory may redefine the family, and the new definitions may be far from its biblical foundation.
What can you do? I’m glad you asked.
- Witness to the depth of God’s love for you by keeping your marriage happy and strong.
- Remain faithful-in body and in mind.
- Pray for your spouse.
- Honor biblical marriage (consenting man-woman unions) by resisting political pressure to recognize and legalize other sexual preferences.
- Teach children the biblical meaning of marriage.
- Pray early for their own eventual spouses and families.
- Make marriage enrichment the goal of your small group discussions and study.
- Encourage the marriages around you to stay strong as well.
Hebrews 13:4 Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage. God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery.
Leave a Reply